The Interior Designer
The professional interior designer is a person qualified by education, experience and examination, who
- identifies, researches and creatively solves problems pertaining to the function and quality of the interior environment;
- performs services relative to interior spaces, including programming, design analysis, space planning and aesthetics, using specialized knowledge of interior construction, building systems and components, building codes, equipment, materials and furnishings;
- prepares drawings and documents relative to the design of interior space in order to enhance and protect the health, safety and welfare of the public.
Bachelor of Interior Design
A French-language Bachelor of Interior Design program is offered at the Université de Moncton, in conjunction with the NBCC-CCNB Dieppe. Instruction during the first and fourth years of the program is at the University, while second and third year instruction is at the College.
For further information, contact:
Chief Instructor, CCNB-Dieppe
Assistant Professor Visual Arts, Université de Moncton
Additional CIDA Programs
List of schools recognized
- How to Register CEUs on IDCEC
- Minimum National Mandatory Requirements for Continuing Education
- CIDQ Definition of Interior Design
Open Education Database Organisation offers a portal featuring courses from leading universities in an array of topics. OpenCourseWare (OCW) Arts section provides 86 design and architecture specific lessons among a larger database of 437 courses that spans the spectrum of performing arts and art history.
AEC Daily is a Continuing Education website offering free Webinars CEUs and online courses presented by reputable sources. It features courses on architecture, interior design, with topics varying from product selection to sustainable design.
Université de Moncton
Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
Council for Interior Design Qualification (CIDQ)
Careers in Interior Design
Interior Designers of Canada (IDC)
Interior Designers Institute of British Columbia (IDIBC)
Interior Designers Association of Saskatchewan (IDAS)
Interior Designers of Alberta (IDA)
Professional Interior Designers Institute of Manitoba (PIDIM)
Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO)
Interior Designers of Nova Scotia (IDNS)
Interior Designers of Newfoundland & Labrador